Wednesday, February 15, 2006

December pictures and yesterday's surprise...

These pictures show the beginning of the framing. This is back at the end of December, so we have done alot more than what you see here.













Since these pictures were taken, we have demolished the kitchen wall that you see here, as well as the wall that you can't see (facing the white truck). We've also demo'ed the bathroom wall, and framed all of that stuff in. I'll post a picture of this in the next day or so.













For a while, we thought that all the demo on the house would give us a lifetime supply of firewood. While that may be true, the mountains of siding and old, rotten wood was taking over our yard for about a month. I'm so glad we've cleared it all away.


Now for yesterday's surprise. The two guys in the first picture are Josh (on the left) and my father-in-law. It's amazing how God works. Yesterday around lunch time I got a call from Josh, asking me if he would disturb the kids' naps if he just showed up and started working.
Of course, I am never going to turn down free help, so I sent him over to get after it.

Meanwhile, It turns out that my father-in-law decided to come up this week (somewhat un-announced), so they were both there yesterday and put in most of the plywood for the floor.
On top of that, Josh didn't have anything to do for work this morning, so he's helping Gordy out all day today.

I can't wait to get home and see what my laborers have done. It's kinda nice having a construction crew do the dirty work while I sit in a comfortable office.

Although... working outside in this gorgeous weather would beat what I'm doing now any day...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phhhhhhiiiiilllllliiiiipppp!!!!
(said in high, annoyingly squeeky voice)

6:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes?

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home