Monday, February 13, 2006

January Update

The following is a re-post from my "other" blog. My wife didn't have the login information to this one, so I am re-posting here for all the subscribers to see:

Hopefully I'm doing this right. I have decided to take over Phillilp's blog and as his wife, I don't think he will mind.
Here is the long awaited update on the house and family situation:

December 20th
: our little daughter Eliannah Danielle was born and we brought her home to live with her brothers in the RV.














December 21st - 23rd: Phillip took stock of what he needed to do and set to work re-aquainting himself with our old house and what needed to be taken care of next.

December 26- 30: Phillip and my dad left me at my mom's house and "got after it" as he would say. They worked out some problems with the footings, re-leveled the house and made sure the walls were plumb (there was some problem with a bowed out wall when the floor was leveled).

Editor's note: My wife is so cute... This was actually a very trying couple of days. We ended up having to re-do some of our work from before and had to basically re-engineer the whole methodology of replacing the floor and foundation. The house, I am convinced by the way it was built, was never level to begin with. We had to tear out even more than I thought to get this thing to be right... Anyways, after nearly a week of work and almost no visible improvement, I was very discouraged. But, now the foundation was finally right, level and square. Something I didn't think would ever happen.













January 1st-6: I returned home with the boys and tried to keep out of Phillip's way as he and my dad worked on replacing the beams in the floor. By the end of this week not only were the floor beams in place but they had put insulation in the floor!














Lets see ... the details are foggy but since then the kitchen extension has been framed and the one wall of the kitchen was reframed, making it ready for french or sliding doors (a small change but totally worth the extra effort).


Editor's note... I have a picture of this somewhere... I'll post it on the next one...

Forgive me for bragging but I must say I am amazed at how much my husband has learned and accomplished since we bought this house. It is insane how far we have come. I am also blown away by how many of our friends had given up their Saturdays (and other days) to slave away in on our house. God has really blessed us and humbled me personally by surrounding us with all that we need when we need it and showing us his grace when we grow impatient at the progress (or lack there of).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home